This is another major effort featuring 181 issues resolved. The Camel community is growing at a faster pace and we see a lot of involvement and contributions.
The feature and improvements list is too large to fit here, so please check out the release notes.
Most notable changes are:
- Graceful Shutdown which ensures a more reliable shutdown of Camel
- File component now delete orphaned lock files on startup to remedy situions where Camel was abruptly killed
- Improved error message on startup in case where Camel routes are misconfigured
- Improved logging of exceptions being thrown, which now is logged by default at ERROR level
- Fixed issue with using Camel annotations on beans proxied with CGLIB such as when using Hibernate or Spring AOP
- Improvements to Aggregator, Routing Slip, Recipient List and Multicast
- Reduced the optional dependencies on Spring jars
- Added new log in the DSL for logging dynamic human readable messages (think like doing System.out.println)
- Introduced NotifyBuilder which helps during testing. For example when testing routes without mocks etc. It will help to notify when a certain condition has occurred such as X messages is done etc.
And a bunch of new components contributed by the community such as
- camel-jboss for running Camel inside JBoss Application Server which uses it specialized classloading which prevents typically frameworks to not work out of the box inside JBoss.
- FTP Now supports FTPS (FTP over SSL/TLS)
- SMPP To send and receive SMS using Short Messaging Service Center using the JSMPP library
- Lucene Uses Apache Lucene to perform Java-based indexing and full text based searches using advanced analysis/tokenization capabilities
- HDFS For reading/writing from/to an HDFS filesystem
As usual, a lot of fixes and enhancement of the 90+ Components
Many thanks and our gratitude to all the contributors who made this release possible. Download Camel now and enjoy the ride!
Work on the next Apache Camel 2.3 is already underway. This time I finally got time to overhaul the aggregator EIP in Camel which has been on the roadmap since the 2.1 release. I can already reveal the overhaul requires changes which are not backwards compatible. However its mostly options which have been renamed or removed. So the migration effort should be minimal.